DARKE COUNTY VISITORS BUREAU SEEKING NOMINATIONS FOR 2017 TOURISM CITIZEN OF THE YEARMarch 13, 2017
GREENVILLE, OHIO – The Tourism Citizen of the Year Award is the highest community recognition award given by the Darke County Visitors Bureau. It is presented annually by the Visitors Bureau at the Darke County Chamber of Commerce Annual Meeting to honor an individual who exemplifies the best in tourism to the community. Nominees are now being sought for the 2017 recognition.
The criterion for the selection is as follows:
- The nominee is a member of the Darke County community. They work in a business or volunteers in a group that brings people into our community to enjoy events, attractions, shops, accommodations and other aspects of the tourism industry.
- The nominee is a person that is well-rounded in their commitment to tourism through community, employment and volunteerism. Above all, the nominee is a person who looks first at what they can do for Darke County and tourism within Darke County.
- The nominee has demonstrated extensive and diverse participation, leadership and support in public and/or private tourism endeavors over a period of years.
- The nominee is a leader capable of getting others involved in tourism within the community.
- All selections are made without regard to race, color, creed, gender, age or national origin.
Nomination forms are available at the Darke County Welcome Center located at 421 S. Broadway, Greenville, by calling the office at (937) 548-5158, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations are due no later than May 1, 2017.
Nominating forms can be found at this link.